Things I tell my players to keep in mind during the spring recruiting process:
1. Be at school on time everyday. Do not come late, and do not leave early. Parents should not be setting appointments for their kids to leave school during the time college coaches are on the road.
2. Be academically interested. Not just having the grades but sit in the front row of your class. Coaches pop their head in. Don’t have your head on a desk with the look that you would rather be somewhere else.
3. If you are playing spring sports don’t coast through it. Show that you have an incredible competitive nature. Show that wins follow you. Show that winning is your lifestyle.
4. Return all phone calls, tweets, and emails regardless of the level of the school.
5. Understand that you are what your film, GPA, and test scores say you are. If your film and transcript do you justice the recruiting will take care of itself.